Recent Developments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Recent Developments

Dear players,

I can now provide you with some more information regarding the recent accusations against a MH receiving confidential information on a server he played on from one of that server's MH's.
      After an investigation into this matter, both affected MH's have been removed from the team with immediate effect. The account on s4 that was played by the MH of another server has since been deleted and the artefact was re-stored and is ready to be conquered.

Should you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me by sending an email to admin@travian.co.uk

Regards,
      Chrisvc
    • Am I reading it correctly that he is ONLY banned/deleted from UK4?

Also, have you looked into other servers that Brettando, and the as of yet un-named MH, MH on?

It's possible foul play was happening their also, and certain players could go unpunished.

As well as this, Brettando is taking the worse of the stick for this, which I do actually think is unfair. It was a 2 way thing, so when is the MH going to be named? It would be extremely interesting to see who betrayed our trust like this.
    • goldie wrote:

Am I reading it correctly that he is ONLY banned/deleted from UK4?

Also, have you looked into other servers that Brettando, and the as of yet un-named MH, MH on?

It's possible foul play was happening their also, and certain players could go unpunished.

As well as this, Brettando is taking the worse of the stick for this, which I do actually think is unfair. It was a 2 way thing, so when is the MH going to be named? It would be extremely interesting to see who betrayed our trust like this.

I wont be naming names but what I can tell you is that the MH that has been removed was only MH'ing on S4.
    • is it not now the time for travian to re form its Mh rules? Ie a MH is banned from playing the Domain he\she Multi hunts on? As this would surley stamp out a problem that has plauged uk servers for so long and driven so many away , what im trying to suggest is .com MHs To be used on UK Servers and vice versa. Or whilst being a MH you simply cant play any server connected to the one you hunt on

The post was edited 1 time, last by BadAppleBoy ().

• Cherrypip wrote:

I wont be naming names but what I can tell you is that the MH that has been removed was only MH'ing on S4.

Why?

Surely this MH has abused our trust, its more than likely that he/she is trusted elsewhere, he/she has proven not to be worthy of that trust - on what basis are you with holding the information?
    • pizzathehut wrote:

Why?

Surely this MH has abused our trust, its more than likely that he/she is trusted elsewhere, he/she has proven not to be worthy of that trust - on what basis are you with holding the information?

Because it's not up to me to name names - thats for the admin to decide whether that information should be released. I merely posted to reassure that the MH in question was not MH on any other servers.
    • Re the op topic:

Thank you for the update, this makes a welcome change, and will reassure people that things have not just been swept under the carpet again (as seemed likely).

Kudos to you Chris for that, please try and keep this openess, it will be appreciated
    • goldie wrote:

Am I reading it correctly that he is ONLY banned/deleted from UK4?

Theres always the crew list that you could go look down :p

I have to say I also agree with you on Brett is taking more stick as his name is known but I also cant/wont give out the other MH's name. :(

This is my personal opinion not that of a MH.

UKX7 gettertools.com/speed.travian.co.uk.4/kb/UD1raN3k

Carrothead wrote:

I think I'll name a pig oInky in memory of you. :p

The post was edited 1 time, last by Inky ().

• It is close to impossible to prevent any of the two former MH's to play on our servers. It is easily possible today to play via proxy servers or with a dynamic IP, so that an IP ban would simply not make any difference. Whether you like this or not, that is a fact and the only thing I can make sure is that they will not receive any MH information anymore.
    • Chrisvc wrote:

It is close to impossible to prevent any of the two former MH's to play on our servers. It is easily possible today to play via proxy servers or with a dynamic IP, so that an IP ban would simply not make any difference. Whether you like this or not, that is a fact and the only thing I can make sure is that they will not receive any MH information anymore.

If there gold users do what eBay do they ban the credit/debit card number/s or paypal accounts or mobile/land line numbers
    • Although it's good to see some information finally filter down to us, the customers .. I mean, what is Travian without its players? .. it is still frustrating that certain things are not thought through properly.

By keeping people's identities secret you are basically inviting them to continue. If you let everyone know who they are, then it's pretty certain you'd get some information back from someone, sometime if they were up to anything again. You know how people talk on this game.

If you are clear that there has been wrong doing, but you are only naming one of the wrong doers - whilst at the same time reinforcing that both were equally at fault - then you are behaving unfairly.

Please think about this stuff. If one is going to do a job, it's always best one does it properly. :D
    • Nikkike wrote:

Although it's good to see some information finally filter down to us, the customers .. I mean, what is Travian without its players? .. it is still frustrating that certain things are not thought through properly.

By keeping people's identities secret you are basically inviting them to continue. If you let everyone know who they are, then it's pretty certain you'd get some information back from someone, sometime if they were up to anything again. You know how people talk on this game.

If you are clear that there has been wrong doing, but you are only naming one of the wrong doers - whilst at the same time reinforcing that both were equally at fault - then you are behaving unfairly.

Please think about this stuff. If one is going to do a job, it's always best one does it properly. :D

Any incidents should alyways be reported to me. I don't see how for that to happen it is necessary to know who hunts on which server. I am in complete control of who has access to what server and not only know where our MH's hunt, but also the servers on which they play. I believe that the abuse of MH's would increase dramatically if the server they hunt on is published. If this information is known, players might also tend to ask that MH about specific information because they know they have once played in the same alliance as him/her. The name of one of the MH's was not brought up by me and I will consequently not bring up the name of the other MH either.
    • Chrisvc wrote:

Any incidents should alyways be reported to me. I don't see how for that to happen it is necessary to know who hunts on which server. I am in complete control of who has access to what server and not only know where our MH's hunt, but also the servers on which they play. I believe that the abuse of MH's would increase dramatically if the server they hunt on is published. If this information is known, players might also tend to ask that MH about specific information because they know they have once played in the same alliance as him/her. The name of one of the MH's was not brought up by me and I will consequently not bring up the name of the other MH either.

I'd say you're being extremly harsh on Brettando there. I know he's half to blame aswell, but it is only half.
    • goldie wrote:

I'd say you're being extremly harsh on Brettando there. I know he's half to blame aswell, but it is only half.

Both the people concerned have been punished - do you mean because one has been named and not the other?