Forum ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Forum ideas

IDEAS..?

There will be a Moderator meeting soon and we are looking for your thoughts on how to improve the forum..

This is your forum after all

If you are unsure about posting your ideas here and getting into debates about them, you can contact myself directly and we can see what can be done with your proposals..

Maybe you would like more debates started by the moderators themselves..? Or maybe something completely new..?

I have been looking through the topics and see a few ideas being banded about, so if you really would like to see them come to fruition, contact myself or any of the server moderators and we will be happy to put your proposals forward on your behalf..

We cannot guarantee your ideas will be used, But we will try..

Who knows your idea may be one of the ones we do use..!!

The Server Moderators
    • I had two ideas

1- When someone starts the new thread and don't want to publish it right away then ability to save/auto save the draft. May be a button like "Save it as draft" will really help.

2- Ability to thread maker to lock it when they feel the purpose of the thread is achieved (subject to moderator override) will probably give more breathing space for moderators and a little less spam.
    • KaBoom | Tobi wrote:

I'd like to have a "jabber-thread" in the ukx section where people just can talk about whatever they want (maybe just to be about this/previous speed servers if you want). It annoys a bit that threads always get closed because we don't talk about the topic.

Yeah, I agree with this, a general debate section where anything goes : ) haha.. would get interesting..

I also think that possible moderaters starting new threads on a 3 day or weekly basis would be good to keep the forum fresh and interesting, hopefully this way always having something to discuss!..
    • Hercules wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this, a general debate section where anything goes : ) haha.. would get interesting..

I also think that possible moderaters starting new threads on a 3 day or weekly basis would be good to keep the forum fresh and interesting, hopefully this way always having something to discuss!..

another agreed

Cait
    • KaBoom | Tobi wrote:

I'd like to have a "jabber-thread" in the ukx section where people just can talk about whatever they want (maybe just to be about this/previous speed servers if you want). It annoys a bit that threads always get closed because we don't talk about the topic.

but before they even think about that they should make me a multihunter
    • KaBoom | Tobi wrote:

This would be good, it would stop threads going off topic and there would be less spam. Mods could just move any posts that are starting to go off topic into it.
    • Sheeep wrote:

1. open reports
      not xxx attack yyy etc etc etc

I agree with this one.. unfortunately without both players permissions we still cant show the full unedited reports.. However instead of xxx, yyy, you could always have the alliance names there instead.. At least that will give forum readers an idea of who is doing what..?
    • Sheeep wrote:

1. open reports
      not xxx attack yyy etc etc etc

Most of the time if its a decent enough attack looking at the top ten attackers and defenders of the week can basically give you and idea of who it was.

Also, like already stated by someone else, there isnt anything stopping you from when someone does the report themselves, they are able to put alliance names of the attacker and defender in place of the names.
    • Putting down alliance names for defender / attacker is fine as long as it doesnt give away the obvious defender / attacker. Personally I'd prefer it if both attacker and defender were shown, but at present its not allowed. Non hidden attack reports were a common cause for people to report posts, so I'd suggest that the amount of people who also want reports to show more details isnt 100%...
    • There's a few things that I would like to see on the forum that I think could be quite entertaining.

• The ability to do blogs. Everybody likes the alliance analyses, but as they take such a long time to do, they can be quite rare. The idea behind blogging is 2-fold. Firstly, blogs don't need a lot of time to write, and done well can be entertaining and can give a good snapshot of what's going on in the server. Secondly, the format of a blog means the articles won't be buried under a tun of spam and it's easy to view a specific authors work in chronological order. It could also lead to more people wanting to try out a server if it seems particularly entertaining.

• Server specific competitions. It would be good to see weekly prizes for the following categories - best attack report of the week, best defence report of the week, best raid of the week, noobiest moment of the week. To make this work there could be separate threads for each category and a vote on a Sunday evening. The prizes don't have to be amazing, maybe a special userbar, although a little gold would make things more competitive. The idea behind this is to get more people posting reports and for people to get a little more kudos for a job well done. Furthermore, you could use the results of these competitions to do end of server awards.

• A stats section. Basically, a record of the weekly top 10s of that server. Not only would it be an interesting thing to spark discussions, it can be very useful for doing alliance analyses and things. As well as this, it allows people to see what's going on in the server who aren't actually playing.

• Prizes for the most popular threads. It may be just the thing to get more people posting, which can only benefit the forum/fill it with spam :D
    • Grigori wrote:

There's a few things that I would like to see on the forum that I think could be quite entertaining.

• The ability to do blogs. Everybody likes the alliance analyses, but as they take such a long time to do, they can be quite rare. The idea behind blogging is 2-fold. Firstly, blogs don't need a lot of time to write, and done well can be entertaining and can give a good snapshot of what's going on in the server. Secondly, the format of a blog means the articles won't be buried under a tun of spam and it's easy to view a specific authors work in chronological order. It could also lead to more people wanting to try out a server if it seems particularly entertaining.

• Server specific competitions. It would be good to see weekly prizes for the following categories - best attack report of the week, best defence report of the week, best raid of the week, noobiest moment of the week. To make this work there could be separate threads for each category and a vote on a Sunday evening. The prizes don't have to be amazing, maybe a special userbar, although a little gold would make things more competitive. The idea behind this is to get more people posting reports and for people to get a little more kudos for a job well done. Furthermore, you could use the results of these competitions to do end of server awards.

• A stats section. Basically, a record of the weekly top 10s of that server. Not only would it be an interesting thing to spark discussions, it can be very useful for doing alliance analyses and things. As well as this, it allows people to see what's going on in the server who aren't actually playing.

• Prizes for the most popular threads. It may be just the thing to get more people posting, which can only benefit the forum/fill it with spam :D

Some really good and original ideas there Grigori. I have taken note of them all and will put them forward at the meeting.. Thank you :)