Forum ideas

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimisation. More information

• LMS wrote:

I agree with this one.. unfortunately without both players permissions we still cant show the full unedited reports.. However instead of xxx, yyy, you could always have the alliance names there instead.. At least that will give forum readers an idea of who is doing what..?

It has been mentioned that on the Russian forums reports do not have to be anonymous, so I imagine it could be changed by the UK admin.
    • pilky wrote:

It has been mentioned that on the Russian forums reports do not have to be anonymous, so I imagine it could be changed by the UK admin.

^ That was my thinking, it was admins decision about showing reports
    • How about giving us mini games to play when we are bored of trav (like that ever happens)

I think this could bring a few more faces to the forum - then again I could be wrong :D :D

Would it be too much of a pain in the backside to do??
    • pilky wrote:

This would be good, it would stop threads going off topic and there would be less spam. Mods could just move any posts that are starting to go off topic into it.

Sorry but i doubt that'll stop. every thread ends up becoming something totally different. for example the D&D thread... D&D - mic's for skype - sheep

positive ideas - a thread for arguements (aren't they just great) :D
    • Hi all.. I have taken note of your ideas, some really good ones there too, The meeting will be soon and I will put all your ideas forward.. I cannot guarantee they will all be implemented but i will argue your cases whole heartedly and see what we can do for you..

I will keep you posted with regular updates on how these ideas are developing..

Thank you.. :)
    • LMS wrote:

Hi all.. I have taken note of your ideas, some really good ones there too, The meeting will be soon and I will put all your ideas forward.. I cannot guarantee they will all be implemented but i will argue your cases whole heartedly and see what we can do for you..

I will keep you posted with regular updates on how these ideas are developing..

Thank you.. :)

good work! at the end of the day this part of the forum is for us so makes sense to give people what they want if it is easy to make happen (y)
    • Ben Kenobi and myself have compiled a list of the ideas we will put forward at the meeting.. These are..

An ingame moderator account that can keep up to date regular analysis/statistics possibly every 6 weeks or so.. With the possibility of a blog in which to keep these sections..

Also possible interviews with alliance leaders, that can be shown in a sticky thread on the forum..

Gold incentives for creativity and the like..
      These prizes could be given out for:

Creating a Travian Christmas/Easter/Birthday card
      Creating the best user guide for each race
      Writing a short story about any of the three tribes that form the Travian world. These could be based around the military units or the infrastructure, like a "Stonemasons story" or "Hero's story"
      Best Travian joke
      Create a printable Travian poster using the new art, set up a best most-weird [mb not] photo comp. Perhaps wearing a TG T shirt.
      Bake a Travian cake to look like a village or a Gaul/Roman/Teuton meal recipe
      Make a tribe costume
      Make Travian village model (Blue Peter style)
      Make a catapult but only from cocktail sticks and rubber bands
      Pen a Travian song or anthem

And finally..

1- When someone starts a new thread and doesn't want to publish it right away then having the ability to save/auto save the draft. Maybe a button like "Save it as draft" will really help.

2- Ability for the thread maker to lock it when they feel the purpose of the thread is achieved (subject to moderator override) will probably give more breathing space for moderators and a little less spam.

All of these ideas really caught my attention and are definately worth putting forward at the meeting..

we would like to thank, again, the users from servers 1, 6 and x3 speed who came up with these ideas..

LMS xXx

The post was edited 1 time, last by LMS ().

• LMS wrote:

Ben Kenobi and myself have compiled a list of the ideas we will put forward at the meeting.. These are..

An ingame moderator account that can keep up to date regular analysis/statistics possibly every 6 weeks or so.. With the possibility of a blog in which to keep these sections..

Also possible interviews with alliance leaders, that can be shown in a sticky thread on the forum..

Gold incentives for creativity and the like..
      These prizes could be given out for:

Creating a Travian Christmas/Easter/Birthday card
      Creating the best user guide for each race
      Writing a short story about any of the three tribes that form the Travian world. These could be based around the military units or the infrastructure, like a "Stonemasons story" or "Hero's story"
      Best Travian joke
      Create a printable Travian poster using the new art, set up a best most-weird [mb not] photo comp. Perhaps wearing a TG T shirt.
      Bake a Travian cake to look like a village or a Gaul/Roman/Teuton meal recipe
      Make a tribe costume
      Make Travian village model (Blue Peter style)
      Make a catapult but only from cocktail sticks and rubber bands
      Pen a Travian song or anthem

And finally..

1- When someone starts a new thread and doesn't want to publish it right away then having the ability to save/auto save the draft. Maybe a button like "Save it as draft" will really help.

2- Ability for the thread maker to lock it when they feel the purpose of the thread is achieved (subject to moderator override) will probably give more breathing space for moderators and a little less spam.

All of these ideas really caught my attention and are definately worth putting forward at the meeting..

we would like to thank, again, the users from servers 1, 6 and x3 speed who came up with these ideas..

LMS xXx

the only thing i would say is i dont mind half these things being on the forum, but keep them away from the ukx part - we have a general chat part of the forum for non-ukx related topics already.
    • fza|flacidbell|bangbus wrote:

the only thing i would say is i dont mind half these things being on the forum, but keep them away from the ukx part - we have a general chat part of the forum for non-ukx related topics already.

Will do lol.. I am thinking an off topic thread in each section is a great idea though, and as long as everyone keeps the language clean they should be quite successful.. the ukx one is a great example of that :)
    • LMS wrote:

Will do lol.. I am thinking an off topic thread in each section is a great idea though, and as long as everyone keeps the language clean they should be quite successful.. the ukx one is a great example of that :)

(y) (y)