Lord Aslan's Comprehensive T4 Start Game Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Looks very good, now I'm waiting for new server where I can try this or try to refine it.
      So have you figured this start out from many attempts and found it to be the best? Or used hardcore maths to figure it out?
      Does this start send you into an aggressive playstyle? Or does it set you up to build into whatever style you want?

Biggkenny
    • Lord Aslan's start relies on large early game activity and raiding through the clearing of oasis with the hero and soon after the clearing of your neighbours villages (primarily teuton and roman villages). His start plan is based on experience by playing many early game servers with high activity and by playing the early game with a very aggressive play style.

Raiding early game and using the advice in this guide will set you up to build into whatever style you want, but ONLY if you are guaranteed to have large activity to keep sending out the raids. There is no point clearing oasis if your not going to raid that oasis dry and in the event your hero dies you'll lose time if you haven't managed to raid over the amount it takes to revive said hero. Equally, you could follow the start plan in Lord Aslan's guide and end up with lots of raiding troops and a high raiding income, but if you find after a week you no longer have the activity to get online much you'll find you get left behind by the people who have simmed up resource fields.

So in essence, following this guide really depends on your long term online availability. If you are 100% sure you will be active its the best guide for you, but if your not sure you'll still have the time in 2 weeks time from registering you either want to find a duel (co-player), to help run your account, or you should look at other early game tactics.
      ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
      s1,7 - Raving Cabbage
    • So I'm following this on ts10 on the .com.

I've no dual, no gold (other than what's offered at the start) but am fairly active so am quite happy with how it's gone so far. I know that I'll be able to get on regularly over the next few weeks though (if not longer).

I'm just out of BP (about 6 hours) and have 8 phals, cleared 3 oasis' with my hero (which served me well for res while in BP) and now have 4 TTs being trained. My phals are currently out and about raiding.

I found it handy to contact a couple of others around me when it came to oasis'. Teamed up with a few neighbors to clear the oases'. Meant I didn't have to lose my hero in clearing them and lose res regenerating him. That got the 10 adventures out the way quicker.

There's only really 2 viable farms within a 45 min range of me with phals. 1 of them is now empty, so my phals are just going to 1 farm. Although my TTs should be created in the next 45 min or so.

I made extensive use of the buy/sell in the market as I didn't have NCP access

I wont hijack this thread with a load of posts, but I'll keep this 1 post updated with my progress so you can see how others have put your plan into action.

Will move on to phase 4 when I've 50 TTs.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Modified ().

• wgn wrote:

Lord Aslan's start relies on large early game activity and raiding through the clearing of oasis with the hero and soon after the clearing of your neighbours villages (primarily teuton and roman villages). His start plan is based on experience by playing many early game servers with high activity and by playing the early game with a very aggressive play style.

Raiding early game and using the advice in this guide will set you up to build into whatever style you want, but ONLY if you are guaranteed to have large activity to keep sending out the raids. There is no point clearing oasis if your not going to raid that oasis dry and in the event your hero dies you'll lose time if you haven't managed to raid over the amount it takes to revive said hero. Equally, you could follow the start plan in Lord Aslan's guide and end up with lots of raiding troops and a high raiding income, but if you find after a week you no longer have the activity to get online much you'll find you get left behind by the people who have simmed up resource fields.

So in essence, following this guide really depends on your long term online availability. If you are 100% sure you will be active its the best guide for you, but if your not sure you'll still have the time in 2 weeks time from registering you either want to find a duel (co-player), to help run your account, or you should look at other early game tactics.

I prefer his mid game hammer one....a lot less effort lol
    • Lord Aslan wrote:

By end of week one, the Sunday night having started the Monday, I had 300 tt and ended the week rank 5 raider, having raided 500245 res. I sent my settlers off end of Monday, day 8 and settled a 150% 15c. I ended week two rank 3 raider, having raided 805308.

Apologies, I'm a stickler for accuracy - you raided 228330 res during week 1 (ranked 7th), and raided 580333 during week 2 (ranked 8th). Finally, you don't have a 150% cropper on the server, it's a 125% 15c. I'm sure these were just typos in the guide.
    • Lateralus wrote:

Apologies, I'm a stickler for accuracy - you raided 228330 res during week 1 (ranked 7th), and raided 580333 during week 2 (ranked 8th). Finally, you don't have a 150% cropper on the server, it's a 125% 15c. I'm sure these were just typos in the guide.

Yes and if you look closer, I'm actually a Teuton rather than a Gaul... thats because you're looking at uk1 not uk2. But thanks for the concern :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chris (Lord Aslan) ().

• Fair enough, although I find it odd posting a screenshot of one server then quoting stats on another (when composing a guide). There was no real need for the screenshot, unless you felt that people wouldn't believe your assertion about your raiding history. It's a useful start guide for beginners and those that are unfamiliar with raiding 'out of the blocks' on a new server :)
    • Thank you for continuing to update this guide and keeping it relevant LA :)

Do you still need the reserved slots underneath it? #10-#19? I can remove if not. And if you change your mind we can re-add.
    • I hope this is not ressing dead topic .. on a speed would you do the same? also what if you joined world like 1 week after start because short after start oasis are filled with lots of monsters and its hard to raid them, so then probably simming only and making troops around BP ending better than raiding oasis with big loses?

also how do you think Teutons stand against other tribes in early development/farming on both normal and speed?

I played a lot of 3.1 and 3.6 but T4 is kinda new to me, I did oasis farming in T4.2 or whatever version in 2k12, havent played since then
    • Very nice startup guide, im following it in a new server and it is going great so far. One thing i'd like to know is how do you build your hero during your campain: after 4 points spent in "fighting strength" how do you suggest to keep raising him?
      Thanks.
    • I can't say for certain on speed, as i haven't played it myself sorry. I believe that teuts probably have the advantage early on due to being able to afford losses, but its only very minimal. If Gauls had a stronger cavalry for end-game purposes, I'd be very tempted to always play gaul.

If you're raiding 24/7, I'd always have all my points on Fighting strength, from the moment i get my book.
    • Romans early strategy in speed servers

Hello, I loved your guide. But I still have a question about the early game

The question is: legionnaires, imperians or imperatoris? which is the best troop to farm?

In normal speed x1 servers I think the answer is leggionaires. Imperatoris are too expensive to explore and imperians don't improve the raiding skills enough to make it worth spending the resouces needed to explore them.

But, what about in speed x3? The last time I played a speed server I did not attack oases (I started too late, too many animals then) and spent the resources upgrading the resource fields. After the 3 days of BP, I had the resource fields at levels 5-6, imperians explored and about 40 trained.

Well, whith the huge amount of resources colected in the 3 days of BP in a speed server I think the possibilities are a lot, that's why I need to ask a roman strategy:

-At what level would you upgrade the resource fields?
      -Which troop would you take to farm the oases and how many?
      -Which troop would you use to farm when the BP is over?

I do not ask this for other tribes because I think the answer is quite easy: The only gaul rider is the TT and the Clubs are just the mos over powered riding troop in the game, so teutons just make a few scouts and the rest is for clubswingers and perhaps resources or culture points.

Thank you for your time.