Lord Aslan's Comprehensive T4 Start Game Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• you can settle before bp ends I think

so do that..?

Imps is best raid troop

do level 3 feilds always. like priority 1 then your cps setup

For romans, EI is best raider. Tbh Imp is pretty worthless as early raider, but the EI has the advantage of 14 feilds an hour travel speed, which is pretty quick.

Can also carry 100 of each res, so they are solid raiders.

If you are raiding as roman, go for EI, maybe a few legions to help you get there (do this dependant on oasis and situation, never is there 1 strategy that will prevail in every scenario)
      No-cringe signature.
    • A brief Romans starting guide

cRiTeRiOh wrote:

The question is: legionnaires, imperians or imperatoris? which is the best troop to farm?

-At what level would you upgrade the resource fields?
      -Which troop would you take to farm the oases and how many?
      -Which troop would you use to farm when the BP is over?

I do not ask this for other tribes because I think the answer is quite easy: The only gaul raider is the TT and the Clubs are just the most over powered raiding troop in the game

I'm not going to write you in-depth guide as Lord Aslan did :D But here's my brief (but actually pretty efficient) Romans starting guide for you.
      This isn't going to be a step-by-step guide , however I will explain myself a bit.
      I would like to point out that this is NOT a guide for gold users, they would have a way different strategy.
      Also I want to apologize before-hand if my grammar is incorrect, I'm not native speaker :) As long as you can understand, right? :D

I like to start my 3x speed servers by upgrading every wood cutter, clay pit and iron mine to level 6. I leave the crop lands on level 3 , since it's a speed server. You are already making a ton of crops anyway. (A quick tip: After every hero's level , put 1 point into fighting strength and 3 points into resources to maximize your production.) After having my resource tiles at a certain level, I rush for a 2nd village. Depending on where you send your settlers , you will have your 2nd village in 45-50 hours from the moment you activated your account. If it's a small server , then you pretty much will get any cropper you want. I know this isn't the fastest way to get the 2nd village but it's the most efficient for me not being a gold user.

Now that you have your 2nd village , you want to start building legionnaires for the rest of the Beginner's protection. That's right. Legionnaires. You will have around 150 units (whereas you would have only around 20 EIs) to start raiding with as soon as the BP ends. The reason behind training legionnaires over EIs is that even though EIs are fast and carry a lot of resources , they cost way too much at this stage of a server. You can afford losing some legionnaires (ie. if someone spikes your farms) but it would annoy to lose EIs.

Get your legionnaires up to 500-1000 units (depending on the server and farms you have + your personal preference) and upgrade resource tiles along with building troops. After hitting a number you are comfortable with, put EVERY resource into resource tiles. Rush them to level 10. Remember to constantly send raids. Every single resource is important. It's better than nothing , right? Lord Aslan had set up a good chart on how many troops you should send in every attack based on farms' expected resource productions. Just replace EI numbers with legionnaires and you are good to go! Also, please notice that it's a 3x speed server, so you might want to send farm list every 20-30 mins. Set your farm lists as Lord Aslan guided. :)

You might have noticed I haven't mentioned our second village at all. That's all part of the plan. First you get your 1st village max'd , then you start pushing every resource you have in V1 , to second village. Now this is where you start building EIs. You build them in your second village. Your spawn village will produce around 16k resources every hour, you push those to V2 and build 225 EIs every day only with V1's resource production. (Level 9 stable)

What to do with raided resources? Well , you upgrade your infrastructure and start having parties 24/7. Since this is a non-gold guide , booster villages are essential part of growing. And, as Romans, the growing will be pretty damn fast! When you get your 3rd village , you should already have around 750 EIs. That's more than enough to keep the queues 24/7. You start pushing resources to 3rd village and upgrade resource tiles up as soon as possible. Get more villages , get more resources , get more troops. Dominate your area. Show everyone the power of roman troops!

Thanks for reading my guide, let me know your opinions :) Please tell me if you think there's something to improve, no playstyle is perfect, I'd love to hear about other people's playstyles along with LA's :)

//T
    • LA this thread has already been flagged for migration (basically all threads that do not meet the migration cutoffs will only be migrated if its sticky. That's why there are now a lot of sticky posts appearing as the team move through and select guides/threads for additional migration)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • Maybe Lord Aslan can do a little bit of revision. The guide is pretty much outdated (I did not want to say useless). And I don´t see a point in an outdated ineffective guide. That´s especially bad for new and inexperienced players.
    • Redwood wrote:

Maybe Lord Aslan can do a little bit of revision. The guide is pretty much outdated (I did not want to say useless). And I don´t see a point in an outdated ineffective guide. That´s especially bad for new and inexperienced players.
      How about you advise on what is out of date, you know, constructive criticism?
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • He should know himself. It´s mostly regarding the new rules. He wanted his guide to be moved to the new forum so he may as well update it.

I don´t have the time and I am probably not the one to write a guide since my playstyle is a lot different.
    • Redwood wrote:

He should know himself. It´s mostly regarding the new rules. He wanted his guide to be moved to the new forum so he may as well update it.

I don´t have the time and I am probably not the one to write a guide since my playstyle is a lot different.
      If you have enough time to read it and tell the author (who is still active as you know) that there is problems with the guide, you must already know these problems and can easily knock up a small list of things you thing should be added/amended.
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png