Rearrange Buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Rearrange Buildings

Good Idea? 20
        Great idea! (14) 70%
        Bad idea (0) 0%
        Could be improved (6) 30%
      How about a gold feature to rearrange all the buildings in a village? Very useful for chiefed villages and also if you start out with a bad layout and want to change it later.
    • Not to be taken as criticism, but a couple of questions to see how it'd work.

- How much gold would it cost? Would it be per building or per village?
      - How would it re-shuffle the buildings? Swap two (swap the barracks and warehouse with each other and be considered one swap cost-wise) or would I need a spare slot free to move the latter building in to so that the former could move there? If the new slot is free then it makes it a lot easier tbf.

If there isn't already a slot free, it could work out quite costly. I might have the barracks in the right place but I now need to move my warehouse to where I want it, but before I can do that I need to move the embassy... etc etc. Anything more technical and I think HQ might consider it too time-costly.

Sounds like a workable idea though I'm not sure I'd move much other than my marketplace and barracks as they're the only two I prefer to have in the same place when I go skimming through my villages. Chiefed villages annoy the crap out of me but not enough to move everything, only one or two slots, if reasonably priced.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • How much would it cost? & Would it be per building or per village?
      It would cost 3 gold per numbered square square.

How would it re-shuffle the buildings?
      There are 20 squares in each village
      centre. Moving a building from one square to another would cost 3 gold and this is done via a retro drop-down list. The drop-down list makes up the second column of a two column table and it will list all the current buildings in the village. The first column will indicate the village square number.

As an example...
      Player A wants to move the main building from square 1 to square 10. Square 10 currently has a warehouse in the way. So Player A will locate the row for square 1, and edit the drop down list to display 'empty square'. The drop down list in row 10 can then be set to 'main building'. Player A is then free to use the drop-down list on any empty square to move the now floating warehouse.

Looking at it that way a single sum for use of the system might be better than a building by building basis. Say 5 or 10 gold per use.

ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
      s1,7 - Raving Cabbage
    • I wouldnt even charge for this feature, you're just moving/switching buildings around. Maybe incorporate it into gold club instead?
      UK1 - Versace - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/24976585783
      UK2 - Penetrator - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/18524602db4
      RoA - ;) Meep Meep!
    • I agree. It should be a Gold club option. Rearranging the buildings should be as simple as rearranging your furniture. The only one it affects is the player doing the rearranging. :)
    • Even though I don't personally see much point to this idea, I like it because it is an incentive to spend gold which doesn't give the player an unfair advantage (so isn't pay to win). It means that everyone is happy. Also allows for villages to be rearranged in case players give their accounts away mid-game.
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).
    • We had a discussion about this last server, and it was quite amusing to post shots of how each of us build different towns, and the outrange that some of the locations of buildings can elicit in other players! A picture of a natar-chiefed town with the MB in the wrong location would cause unbridled keyboard rage :D

Saying that, the CORRECT location of buildings is as follows:

UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • The crucial deciding factor is if the village is your capital or not.
      Your village layout gives my nightmares cretin. the only buildings in the right place are the ones you have no control over! :P

Of course that is assuming you've finished with the academy and forge (plus this is a Roman village), It is not your non cap hammer or going to hold arte's . Those all bring about a slightly modified design to accommodate the extra buildings ;)

Edit: even now i've noticed the bakery and flour mill should be where the brickworks and sawmill are! its all ruined!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Offspring_UK ().

• I have the market in the same place as offspring. It's the best slot there is for it!

If you many towns, you save a lot of time by having everything in the same place. The idea is good, even though the majority won't find it useful (I think most would rearrange a bit if it was free though.).

Implement please, and don't gold milk it.
    • I didn't think I was OCD about this until I realised I put all the factories in the same place as Offspring, except when my dual ruins it and then I seem to naturally try to put them in the next nearest slot;
      OCD alert!!!!!Don't open spoiler tags if this will cause you offence.
      Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
      It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
      For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.