Trouble's T4 Basic Guide. (Start game) (Very basic) [With Vid]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Trouble's T4 Basic Guide. (Start game) (Very basic) [With Vid]

Just want to say L.A's guide:

forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76319

Might be a tad out of date, but is a very good representation of the Min/maxing you can do in travian, go check it out if your stuck for ideas.

Before we begin, you will at some point need this:
      travian.kirilloid.ru/ (lots of game data and information)
      and this:
      gettertools.com/ (for ally combat and loads of other stuff.)
      So.

Stage 1:
      Skip tutorial

Stage 2:
      Read Avi's T4.2 Quest guide, look at it and plan your moves. (Maybe later I will post the complete guide through the quests, if you want to use it you have to join my alliance on the next uk4.
      forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75147

Stage 3:
      Day 1 targets: (DO NOT FAIL.)
      All feilds level 3
      Level 10 cranny
      And level 1 cranny on every spare tile in village
      All quests done (might only possible with gold)

Stage 4:
      Reach your v1's res prod cap.
      You CAN raid, if you want.
      But otherwise get level 5s.

Stage 5:
      Settle v2, join an alliance look at the map. Make a plan.

Stage 6:
      Do not have fun in travian.

Under any circumstances.

Build your village, build your armies, crush your enemies. Join an alliance full of people, work with them to win the game.

Where's the fun in that eh?

Vid: (how to Travian basic, audio guide with some basic pictures) its basic.
      youtube.com/watch?v=voXxpJxyLuQ

Random song for village building:
      youtube.com/watch?v=oz6kKB8wlj…36Js7Rpk3vp2UkGf1imyKQCxw

Enjoy.

T

Oh btw if there's stuff you want adding go ahead and suggest bellow. Tried to keep this as simple as possible.
      No-cringe signature.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Trouble ().

• Its mostly the level 3 feilds and the crannies that are important. Links to the usefull websites is a good way for new player to learn the game.

Same for every tribe.

Every tribe uses same strategy if u use this guide. Do not build troops prior to v2.
      No-cringe signature.

The post was edited 1 time, last by m.hudson ().

• In regards to troops there are several factors to consider, for example spawn location, tribe, stratergy. Personally i enjoy a good raid start, breaks up the bordem of waiting for res in the early days lol. Plus the hero xp is always handy ;)

• Well you compelete the quests,

remember to leave room for an academy.

But otherwise like the guide says a level 1 cranny on every tile before end of day 1.

And, on day 2, all of them go to level 3, for + 1 cp for each of those 2 crany levels

Chocaholic:

Look, I settle server 1st before, recently. And on that server I compete against very good players and later allies, for that first point settle. And then I settle 7th on international tourney, ahead of lord aslan. And numerous other server starts that I cba to go into because it literally doesn't matter.

I used raid start, and I used everything in this basic guide. This guide isn't for you anyway.

Unless you got specific points or changes to strategy, do not post in this thread.

Guide does not cover auctions, why doesn't some one write a guide on how OP it is to buy the first gladiator helmet :)
      No-cringe signature.

The post was edited 2 times, last by m.hudson ().

• "In regards to troops there are several factors to consider, for example spawn location, tribe, strategy."
      This is a general statement, not a point.

There is no specifics, there is no help. You have nearly listed some things that you would "consider" none of your "considering" is actually laid out, therefore you have not a point.

"Personally i enjoy a good raid start". I have teh best raiding start in the game currently, it's a game of chance and skill. I do not recommend that any one reading this guide attempts it.

Stick to the guide, build fields, be consistent.

I will re-iterate for any one who is reading.

Do no attempt a raiding start, its simply too risky for the majority to attempt. If you want to try, why not ask chocoholic how to raid..

Or come join my ally next uk4, and I will show you first hand how to be the best.
      No-cringe signature.

• Future posters: Please include up to date additions or improvements to the guides, since it is intended for new players of travian as well as returning veterans, if any one has anything useful to contribute it would go some way to restoring my sanity and my faith in humanity. In addition to potentially helping out new players to the game, aaaand returning vets who may not have all the up to date facts and play style, since the game has evolved. Go check out my analysis on how the game has changed for more on that.
      No-cringe signature.

• Really could i see proof of this, or any of your amazing acomplishments.
      I have teh best raiding start in the game currently

Would you like me to be more specific on the factors well you see if you spawn in an oasis rich environment, especially one with lots of clay oasis nearby then your in a good position to raid well early on. Also the players who spawn around you can impact the decision, ie players with low population, and low attack points.

Now in regards to tribe, Teuts obviously have the advantage of being cheap and quick to make and decent strength, however they are quite slow. Gauls Have the TT which is the best option, don’t bother with phalanx unless you get them free. By going straight to tt you get a decent amount of cp from the military buildings which helps to speed up second village. There speedy which is great, and carry a decent amount, so you can quickly and effectively empty oasis you clear. Now i cant say i know much about a roman raiding start as i haven’t really tried one, yet. Now one benefit to the raiding start is you can quickly level up your hero, if you kill him off when hes cheap to rebuild its not that bigger deal, just ensure your raiding enough to make it worthwhile to suicide him. Save the book you get in your first 10 adventures and once you’ve got a good few lvls on him you can switch him to res if you wish. Now i know im not as accomplished as you mr messy clearly no one can compare with your godly status, however i have been able to effectively utilise the gaul strategy on several servers.

Now in regards to strategy, well raiding isn't for everyone, There have been some excellent examples of a sim start in recent servers. If your a dual account and opposite time zones then you’ll have brilliant coverage to really utilise the raid start. Or you may wish to do a mixture of both, raiding can be a good way to supplement your simming, generally you’ll get a few free troops from adventures, and you have the ones from your tasks.

Just be aware that your not spending more on replacing troops than you are bringing in.
    • Roman start is painful. The serious romans I know choose not to raid start anymore. It's literally Christmas if you get a handful of legs on an adventure because you have something to send out.

The prob with the raid start even as a teut/gaul is that it can be quite dependent on where you spawn - it is easy to go backwards losing troops on oases, for example, meaning it's safer to wait until people leave BP - and you might find few targets nearby who don't extend the BP. Raid start isn't as easy as it used to be. And probably also not what I'd personally recommend to anyone reading a start guide (I suppose that we can assume anyone reading a start guide isn't an experienced top player).
    • Elisa wrote:

Raid start isn't as easy as it used to be. And probably also not what I'd personally recommend to anyone reading a start guide (I suppose that we can assume anyone reading a start guide isn't an experienced top player).

You make a good point Elisa, i guess if your completley new to the game you may find this a little difficult, if you have a little more experience and want to give it a go then way up your situation before you start, as mentioned location can greatly impact this stratergy.

Also way up the rewards to the tasks. Although tasks have changed slightly lord aslan describes a pretty good order to complete them in to keep the res flowing. Remember you can only have 2 tasks of each catagory active at each time, so consider the tasks that will be locked until after 10 adventures. There are a couple of tasks that are pointless to complete straight away for example upgrades and fm. Dont waste res at this critical stage ;)
      Even if you have gold you won't be abe to get all your quests done in the first day, so ignore that bit.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chocaholic ().

• Thanks Choc.

Yes, Well for the purposes of v2, the only tribe I would say it is possible to actually speed up the process with it tuets since, oh god this is gona get me in trouble. The Mace is the best rading unit in the game, cos its cheap, it carries a lot, and its cheap.

Romans need imps and eis both are expensive and you have to waste res teching them

at which point-some one purely focused on cp and getting there residence up, has already passed u.

Choc post is wrong at the end, don't know why he'd bother say it, I did pretty much every quest, admittedly not the residence to 10 and feilds to 5. But most of them. That puts you with 86 pop and as the guide says, level 3 feilds, crannies on all tiles.
      No-cringe signature.
    • Stage 1:
      Skip tutorial

The tutorial gives rewards, why skip it?

antonio wrote:

You just jump around like a tart.

Elros wrote:

MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)
    • Mr. Messy wrote:

Yes, Well for the purposes of v2, the only tribe I would say it is possible to actually speed up the process with it tuets since, oh god this is gona get me in trouble. The Mace is the best rading unit in the game, cos its cheap, it carries a lot, and its cheap.

Its easy to do with the gaul, I have done it on several occasions. They may be a little more expensive to build but they make up for it in speed and what they can carry.

Mr. Messy wrote:

Choc post is wrong at the end, don't know why he'd bother say it, I did pretty much every quest, admittedly not the residence to 10 and feilds to 5. But most of them. That puts you with 86 pop and as the guide says, level 3 feilds, crannies on all tiles.

Then by your own words not every task is completed in day one ... You cant get residence, settlers, 10 adventures, auctions, lvl 5 fields and new village in one day can you.
    • Lol when you skip it you get the rewards,

God MJ I can't belive I took you seriously and you still sit there playing through the tutorial Lfmao.

I take my instant rally point and wood cutter. and I think its some gold also. w.e by skipping it you instnatly get the rewards.. STill hilarious that u click all the way through.. Do you sit there looking at ur level 1 woodcutter build like "this is what travian is" :D

Tbh any one who I try recruit to the game, I respect there inteligence a little bit at least, and they wont need to do tutorial.
      No-cringe signature.
    • Takes a couple minutes to click through, didn't know you got the rewards still because I haven't skipped it before :P In fairness I only started on two servers since that tutorial got included and haven't bothered to find out much about it. Guess your guide was somewhat useful to me then at least lol.

antonio wrote:

You just jump around like a tart.

Elros wrote:

MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)
    • Biggest advantage of going through the tutorial is the reward of the hero instantly arriving at an adventure. So you can send to a longer one saving that travel time.
      If you find res that can give you a wee bonus.

Each to their own - I just wish people could appreciate there's not always one way to get the best result. #singlemindedn00bs
    • Ok its been a long time since i skipped the tutorial but as i understand it you get ;
      -10 gold
      -Rally point lvl 1
      -Woodcutter lvl 2
      -Clay pit lvl 1
      -Cropland lvl 2
      - Travain plus 24 hours

I personally always prefer to do the tutorial just for the hero to instantly reach the first adventure however lets look at the other rewards

-The 1st reward is clay pit lvl 1 (all you have to do is click on a couple of buttons to view help features)
      -level 1 woodcutter, reward is it instantly completes
      -level 2 woodcutter, reward is it instantly completes
      -next build lvl 1 cropland, reward is it instantly completes and is upgraded to lvl2
      -change héros production, reward 200 clay
      -construct warehouse reward is 24hrs travain plus
      -construct rp reward is 2 gold
      -next instantly complete rp and warehouse, reward 10 gold
      -send hero on adventure, reward hero instantly arrives
      -read the report, reward 10 ointments
      -heal the hero, reward 20 hero xp
      -interface help, reward res is restocked

So the tutorial explains the main features of the game and in reality only takes a couple more mins to finish due to the auto completes. You also receive an extra 2 gold which means your warehouse is auto completed, 20 hero points, 10 free ointments and your hero instantly arrive at first adventure. So i think its worth it, and would only really skip if your really impatient ;)
    • Mr. Messy wrote:

I take my instant rally point and wood cutter. and I think its some gold also. w.e by skipping it you instnatly get the rewards.. STill hilarious that u click all the way through.. Do you sit there looking at ur level 1 woodcutter build like "this is what travian is" :D

Your not meant to do the tutorial !!!! :( I must be a noob then. Ok i am a noob but i kinda like plodding through the territorial especially if i start a server while at work

Thread cleaned up. If you have any issues with my edits please let me know and we can discuss your concerns.
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78