:o travian making some good moves

• :o travian making some good moves

Because with the upcoming update it looks like travian is making some good moves with T4 (improving the game without changing it) I think it's time to provide some more. Here's my 4 step plan to getting more players in the game:

1. continue improvements to the GUI for modernisation without changing the game. Streamlining and removing the clunkiness of the game is key here.

2. mobile and tablet app - really important

3. advertise! Need something to compete with the Arnold schwatrzeneggar and that Nordic woman wargame apps. Need to complete 1 and 2 first otherwise people will look in and go "meh"

4. Improved tools for alliance management. The alliance forum is good, suggest expanding to have an alliance wiki as well. An alliance chat would be great but this is hard to develop (see kingdoms) so suggest partnering with e.g. skype to integrate the feature without having to worry about bugs.
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed, UK1/12 Spirit/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • I concur. I agree with each of the points made.

I don't know how much Trav made from the TV advertising on that uk6 round that had huge sign ups but it's worth looking at targeted google ads. They can start relatively inexpensive and once you can see a solid return coming in, up the reach.

You almost want an app for it that has the GUI removed to an extent and replaced with something mobile friendly. Not just because data is an issue but zooming in to do anything is awkward.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • Me rn

It specifies for iPhone but does it work on Galaxy too do you know? I'm having a look on play store now...

Edit: it's only giving me ads for Trivago :|

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hawkery ().

• When you're looking at putting an app together, it's a pretty difficult task to incorporate all the element of Travian in to a streamlined mobile app. You almost need the key features only (like raiding, parties and troop production) and leave stuff like simming to the usual GUI interface.

• There are already website ads. They are targeted so existing Travian players cant see them (based on cookies).

That being said I have previously spent alot of time working with TG Marketing and have seen how even the best adverts generally do not have a good return of investment (IE click through rate to registration rate).

As with facebook its very easy to get thousands or millions of views by splashing the cash but often very very few of those who like or share are legitimate customers. My last job on Pyramid Raid we did alot of experimentation on social marketing and it is very very difficult to get a good return rate. (alot of mobile app company's write off the marketing budget as a loss before its even spent)
      CM mhudson
      Community Manager
      Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
    • CM mhudson wrote:

There are already website ads. They are targeted so existing Travian players cant see them (based on cookies).

That being said I have previously spent alot of time working with TG Marketing and have seen how even the best adverts generally do not have a good return of investment (IE click through rate to registration rate).

As with facebook its very easy to get thousands or millions of views by splashing the cash but often very very few of those who like or share are legitimate customers. My last job on Pyramid Raid we did alot of experimentation on social marketing and it is very very difficult to get a good return rate. (alot of mobile app company's write off the marketing budget as a loss before its even spent)

My post about ads was more a sly joke at Eric :D but some interesting comments. I imagine newer players may not financially invest in a new game until they're hooked, so the immediate return would be low. I don't think I paid for gold for about 4 months before trying it - a mortgage and a half later...

Sometimes you need to spend money and try things to realise it's not the market you want to be in / not the customer you want to appeal to. Hopefully TG are still inquisitive!

• Hawkery wrote:

My post about ads was more a sly joke at Eric :D but some interesting comments. I imagine newer players may not financially invest in a new game until they're hooked, so the immediate return would be low. I don't think I paid for gold for about 4 months before trying it - a mortgage and a half later...

Sometimes you need to spend money and try things to realise it's not the market you want to be in / not the customer you want to appeal to. Hopefully TG are still inquisitive!

Gimme your IGN on Uk2 Hawk ... Ill remember you and give you a little surprise when end game is upon us :D
    • Wait, whaa? I thought I was Tendril Man? Or is it Ragdoll? One of them, I think...
      S1 - Chronos travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
      S2 - WIM travian-reports.net/us/report/493804f33ac
      Puzzled Converter - Battle reports Travian
      I also put most of the work in for this: Converter - Battle reports Travian (thanks for leaving siege at home).

"And firstly I have never met anyone but you that can play a whole server without buying gold" Ben (happy) 13/2/18