Early game defense

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Early game defense

Decided to give a server a go, however I was unable to log in for a day or two after I registered so missed that time in setting up infra, etc.

I see that a lvl 10 cranny is the equivalent of about 16 phalanx, and the phalanx train whilst I'm away, and therefore are less time instrusive. Is this a good strategy? Any hungry attackers may wish to avoid me if their losses killing my defense is more than the resources they gain.
    • 16 phalanx will be dead by the time you log back on. Those numbers be dwarfed in a matter of days, (Teutons will easily have a few 100 macemen running around), they will also make for easy hero exp in such low numbers.

Attackers usually only bother you if there is benefit in it for them ( or you cost them, they take it personally :P ), resources hidden behind a multiple cranny's and no troops to pick off makes for a completely useless target and therefore left alone. As a newbie keep your cranny capacity above your warehouse capacity and keep troops away from home (or gold club autododge) and things should be easier for you.
    • Always prioritize your crannies in the beginning as crannies give you Culture Points. You can make 1 lvl 10 and then some others lvl 3 you'll get enough to protect your ressources for a while and you'll get CP for few ressources ;)

Defensive troops are there to protect your ressources when your crannies can't hide everything. But always take care about teuton's bonus ;)