Shorter servers (not speed)

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• Shorter servers (not speed)

Howdy, just interested to see if there have ever been shorter normal speed servers or not. A 10-11 month server is good for setting up an account, however a shorter, normal speed server gives other challlenges and is less time intensive (you never know whether in 4 months you'll still be free to play).

So, basically what I'm asking is, do people like the length of the servers? Not to generalise, but younger people have shorter attention spans, so an 11 month game would most likely exclude a large percentage of that demographic (especially as exams etc. cut off chunks of time).

I'd be interested to see a shorter server with a similar premise to a regular legends server. More casual, less time intrusive but still with all the army and economy factors that make the regular legends game appealing.
    • I definitely agree with your point re a slow server being too long (hence the reason I've only ever played speed), but as others have said the current system would likely have to change to even have a chance of this working. An interesting concept for sure however...

Then of course there is the argument that although a slow server takes 2-3x as long, there is proportionally less work to do each day so it kind of balances out..
      Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana

PublicEnemy UKx9 - i.imgur.com/l23a9.png
    • I prefer x2 servers mainly for this reason. The downsides is that I spend gold twice as fast, so I only aim to play half as many... kinda seems pointless now I put it like that :D

Of course a dual in an alternative time zone could counterbalance the additional workload of a 2x server and wouldn't drag on so long. Added bonus of no WW / arte access for everyone too, since the only 2x I know of are RoA servers.
      "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA
    • I've just finished a shorter server. Not normal speed though, X10,000,000 speed. It lasted just over 3 days. The Natars won but my two WW's came in second and third so I'm quite pleased with myself. I can't play the longer servers anymore, they just don't fit in with work and family, but I enjoy playing the game. A quick blast once in a while on a short, fast server works well for me - addiction sated and lots of fun.