Uk3 analysis

• TS3

• Uk3 analysis

This is the first time i've attempted something like this, I completely underestimated the amount of work people put into these things so I'm unlikely to attempt it again, but feedback would be appreciated all the same. And apologies to the length,think i got carried away.

Few things first,
      • The initial stats were taken 20:00 Sunday night, so some changes will have happened, additional figures have been taken later but the overall effect should remain the same.
      • I have only considered players in the top 150 population when checking for croppers (going through 150 was enough for me :oops:).
      • When looking at croppers for ease I have assumed maximum oasis bonus possible – I have not accounted for shared oasis between players though tried to highlight conflict.
      • Assumptions will be made based on account sizes, Yes small accounts can support large troop counts but, and there is no getting away from this, Larger accounts can support larger armies (and rebuild them quicker)... sorry for all you guys who feel the need to quote ‘small/few villages, large troop count’ ect, I don’t care... If someone can show me a 2 village account to which a top 20 account would be envious i will retract this whole piece.

So how is the top 150 population looking so far? Meta’s have been merged.

Imperium and R D between them have half over half the top150 accounts. Thor is the best of the rest with other alliances few and far between, nomad players appearing as often as some of the alliances!
      Some might call foul in the above stat, as we all know how vast the Imperium meta is (173 accounts) double the player base of the next largest THOR (86), and argue for quality of quantity.

So adjusting for that by considering the % of alliance in the top 150 rather than absolute numbers we find that 28% belong to R D. THOR,NMS and MFH all moving ahead of Imperium here implying that for all those wings, there is not that much strength outside of the main Imperium Wing. Having said all that it would be unwise to discount the fact if Imperium leaders manage their resources properly and get everyone pulling in the same direction they could overwhelm their enemies..

Anyway since I’ve been talking about Imperium let get into the nitty gritty.

Imperium

Display Spoiler
      17! Leaders/council members between the 4 wings, on the up side someone should always be online, the downside is how does the arse know what the elbow is doing? does the arse want the elbow knowing what it's doing? And how is the power balanced between the wings and players? Personally i can’t imagine it’s an equal split and as the server bites and resources and troops start going one way – will they manage to address the feeling of disillusionment felt by those players on the fringes? and should relations deteriorate...

As referenced earlier the lack of quality outside of the main alliance (which closer resembles the other top alliances) is disappointing. The number of players with 6crop caps is alarming, and even those with croppers many have not swapped the capital over or captured oasis including many of the leaders and higher ranked players. Indeed their own numbers might be of issue here as they are competing with themselves on a large scale for good cropper and oasis before you even consider opposing alliances.
      Speaking of which, Player distribution.

gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/277153453

lmperiuM the weakest wing, have a dubious honour of having members scattered across every quad and not even tightly grouped, they will have to rely on their confed support to survive any assault, and slightly amusingly don’t even acknowledge one of the wings. Kudos for not shying away from the ascii art though!

Imp3rium are setting themselves up to take on THOR on their own turf, smart move by lmperium main wing to use them as cannon fodder so they can concentrate on other things. 5th in the alliance rankings but below par to those around them, relying on player numbers to maintain their position.
      Imperium and 4mperium are mostly in the SE leaving not much else for anyone else, I expect to see a half decent turnout come arte’s, despite getting under each other’s feet and having to share prime oasis and croppers, since there’s little to bother them until then.

Side note that Jekyll & Syn can take credit of the first (and now second) conquer i’ve noticed;

[table='width: 500']
      [tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]4[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]4[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]5[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]

Alliance balance
      Romans 64 38%
      Teutons 29 17%
      Gauls 74 44%

THOR

Display Spoiler
      Our incumbent big boys of the SW, sitting pretty at or nearly at the top of every stat on the server, or are they? Without wanting to sound dismissive, the leadership all owning CP helms and apparent vets of travian all fail to be within the top 100. Ok great leaders don’t have to have the best accounts to lead but compared to other top alliances there are very few representatives higher up the ranks. Are they up to the task?
      Well according to the attack and defence table they are!

In the defence Table, Imp3rium (SW Wing) has 7375 and THOR with 7161.

The difference comes in the attack table THOR 79690, and Imp3rium with 27589; Imp3rium appearing to be unable to retaliate to THOR’s attacks? How much backup are they receiving from the other imperium wings?
      Early days maybe, and distorted by animal killings possibly; but i think there’s enough of a difference to identify at least some action happening.

gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/258503514

Map spread is fairly even and those in the NW are now more secure with their CP with NMS (if it continues to stand). They had a better rub of the green cropper wise having beaten the competing Imperium wing to most of the better ones closer in. They have also made far better progress regarding swapping over their capitals and capturing oasis and have the best tribe balance.

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]6[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 33 38%
      Teutons 24 28%
      Gauls 30 34%

THOR II although being a wing, does not possess the same quality of players as their bigger brother; Which is a shame as they could use the backup with blows likely to intensify with Imperium sooner rather than later (this could be why THOR have looked to NMS to improve their strength). Croppers and oasis are going to be hot competition even before artes come into the mix so im looking forward to some tasty attack reports coming out of there soon.

NMS

Display Spoiler
      Oh NMS, how the mighty have fallen, compared to the days of going toe to toe with TC (as far as Travian UK goes one of the most dominant of their time), they have CP’d across quad, unable to dislodge an alliance half their size...

gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/187049025

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 25 (42%)
      Teutons 12 (20%)
      Gauls 23 (38%)

Having been pushed out to the sticks to satisfy their cropper taste and avoid competition for oasis, with some players missing out entirely. Overall While not totally disappointing, With the majority of players settling so far out they have lost control of the central NW region to MFH who picked up most of the better croppers close in. Depending on how aggressively the two alliances intend to play this could be a spicy quad to be in; What could also influence this is if THOR will be able to assist their CP while fending off the Imperium threat from within.

Also of note is a number of player villages are spread about apart from each other, no doubt due to pressure from MFH, and chasing a more stable existence. A number of players are yet to settle 3rd or 4th villages or swap over their capitals and take oasis. A poor start however (comparatively) does not mean a poor finish and being so far out does have its advantages in the long run. .. good luck to them.

MFH

Display Spoiler
      MFH shows promise of good things, their leadership almost all with 150% 15 croppers know what they want and get it to the detriment of NMS. Their grouping is even and well balanced, with only a few out in the sticks possibly vulnerable. As stated earlier i did not pay too much attention to players outside of the top 150 for the sake of keeping things manageable, but having had a quick nose at MFH’s lower ranked players show they also seem to have picked up a few nice croppers, swapped over their caps and started on oasis, kudos to them! if this is the influence of experienced leadership it bodes well for later on.

gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/86751216

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]6[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 8 (24%)
      Teutons 6 (18%)
      Gauls 19 (58%)

One obvious issue they face is the number of players in their rank, only 33 players vs NMS (THOR) or on a larger picture at some point against Imperium, it is going to be a tough fight. If it turns to a war of attrition they may be ground down; I hope not as they are the only top alliance to hold out and not CP.

R D

Display Spoiler
      Out of 68 players, 38 of them in the top 150; proportionally over 50% of the alliance. The closest competition is MFH with 33% closely followed by the others; they have also achieved the best cropper capture rate (using my completely foolproof cropper rating system... ahem yeah right:rolleyes:). This could be due to lack of competition in the quad, we won’t know until the hammers start rolling come arte release if they have used the time wisely as until then things are likely to remain relatively quiet in the NE. Since the deletion of one of their leaders they have added to the leadership with plenty of experience between them and appear to have hardly skipped a beat.

gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/79823389

Again potentially due to lack of competition they have a good distribution across the quad close in, and out in the sticks preparing for the long haul.

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]3[/td]
      [td]5[/td]
      [td]10[/td]
      [td]7[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]4[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 27 40%
      Teutons 14 21%
      Gauls 27 40%

Unfortunately, as with MFH, numbers could well be the downfall of R D. Assuming THOR and NMS CP stands, and Imperium continue to meta most of the server, that leaves 68 vs 173/144, tough odds in anyone’s books. War of attrition could be costly compared to Imperiums potential to absorb losses. Add to that an improper balance of tribes, being short of Teuton players, cavalry defence could fall to the less effective gaul phalanx and will the Roman/Gaul heavy hammers be able to sustain a heavy loss rate?

DAMM!

Display Spoiler
      gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/18997231

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 11 (31%)
      Teutons 6 (17%)
      Gauls 19 (53%)

Most seem to have been late starters; they were left behind early on and never really seem to have caught up, they have suffered as a result with their recruitment, croppers, and oasis capture appearing to have been fighting over what was left. Though credit to them they do seem to have built a cult following based around the Walking dead, loyalty in this regard is often far more valuable than sheeple who feel no strong attachment to the cause (looking at you Imperium number 7 or whatever you are on now).
      3 people in the top 150 isnt startling but assuming they don’t get into too much trouble with R D there is potential to have some fun with Lucille when at its most inconvenient. Not any urgency in swapping over their caps (likely to protect their spawns for the time being) so likely to suffer wheat production wise for the few who have grabbed themselves a cropper. They may eventually join R D but who’s to say at this stage, neither are likely to approach the subject until deemed necessary.

Sins

Display Spoiler
      Like DAMM! Appear to be madeup of the best of the rest, loyalty likely to play a large part in their decision to form a stronghold to the North of NW quad.
      gettertools.com/ts3.travian.co.uk.6/G-Map/122914754

[tr]
      [td]Croppers[/td]
      [td]0%[/td]
      [td]25%[/td]
      [td]50%[/td]
      [td]75%[/td]
      [td]100%[/td]
      [td]125%[/td]
      [td]150%[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]15[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]2[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]9[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]1[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [tr]
      [td]Non[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [td]-[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]
      Alliance balance
      Romans 13 (41%)
      Teutons 5 (16%)
      Gauls 14 (44%)

By going out so far they have nabbed themselves a few good croppers, and my suspicion is that they will be left alone by those sharing the quad until they become a nuisance. They have the potential to turn into a dangerous entity come end game and im looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. The leadership seems to have a mix of abilities, though none that i have seen have their croppers as capitals yet no doubt trying to protect their spawns, but this will delay their progress. Hopefully isn’t a sign of the leadership qualities to come as it would be a shame to see potential unused.

Afterthoughts.. Meta's and Individual alliances have their merits and downfalls, yet each have won servers before. What will happen here is a long way from being decided and impossible to call just yet. R D and Imperium in the SE, have their quads pretty much sown up and would hope preparing for a big arte haul. Due to the potential turbulence in the other quads it is less easy to judge.

Imperium despite my reservations highlighted above, i feel are favourites at this stage, a lot depends on how THOR can manage it's infestation and if RD can keep the remaining wings occupied without sustaining heavy losses. I imagine MFH and NMS will be too busy enjoying their own company until one submits to the other or ends underfoot in the dirt to bother with the rest of us for the time being, who knows when that will change, and it could well be decisive.

I have tried to remain impartial and it is only my opinion after all. Hope you enjoyed the read.
      Regards.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Offspring_UK ().

• Fantastic analysis. What a wonderful post showing what the server forums should be and could be doing. Absolutely brilliant!

Thank you for all the work in doing this. Interesting to see how low the proportion of teuton players is.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Mercedes wrote:

MartinJames_UK wrote:

Seems to be an awful lot of hand holding going on, especially considering we're so early on in the server. NMS teaming with everyone who asks, they used to be cool.....
      Just read this again and spat coffee all over my keyboard :D
      Hang on - you lot united the entire East side of the server into one big fluffy alliance!

At least we tried to fight each other! In the end hate just turned to love, especially when we agreed on our opinions of Crunch.
      My artefacts bring all the heroes to my yard
    • We had some fighting in our quad, until they all ran away and joined you lot. What were they called? Dench? Sins? Something like that. Crunch has promised to write the story of UK3. It should be entertaining.

MJ, you will never be cool, you hit your high point when you featured in your own comic book on this very forum :D. Good days!

I've enjoyed this server, been fun to be back playing amongst some old and new friends, even if not all have been on the same side. Looking forward to seeing how the next few days plays out :)

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    • Have to admit I'd forgotten about those comics. Wasn't I a troll or something though? Not sure why, after all, i'm incredibly dashing.
      I would write my own tales for the forum like i did occasionally but I'm occupied writing my own book atm! See, thats cool Meme!

It has been a lot of fun for sure. I've enjoyed throwing together plans against you all in particular haha. Whatever happens, I'm glad we got a nice war between RD and MFH/NMS. Would've been bored to tears in Null.
      Look what I found of mine from the old UK forum!

Gaul WWK: Converter - Battle reports Travian