New player looking for an alliance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Would you like to know what’s going on in the Tournament 2017 Finals?
    Keep yourself updated by reading "The Corner"!

• New player looking for an alliance

Hello all,

I am 2 days in and loving this game! Am totally hooked! However I am finding it difficult to find an Alliance, I looked in the relevent section for my server (UK3) ut there are zero posts there. What is the best way to find an alliance please?

Kind regards
    • Hi there Zafra,

Your best bet is looking around your local map, see who's close to you and see if you can join theirs. Try speaking to a few of the accounts around you, say you are a new player and most people will be accommodating and help you out best they can.

You are in the SW (assuming I've found your account correctly) so Thor is the largest alliance in your quadrant, but there's also C²W. You could also find a smaller alliance/create an alliance of your own and invite new players like yourself and play together that way.

Let us know how you get on.
    • Open up the alliance page on UK3. Then look at the top alliances on the server. Then let's see who looks decent :)

You need an alliance that is in the same quadrant of the server as you. If you are in the NorthEast (+/+ ), SouthEast (+/- ), SouthWest (-/- ) or NorthWest (-/+ ) you want to match up with an alliance in that quad.

Look through the top alliances and see which alliances are in your quad. They will maybe say in their description? Otherwise open up 5-10 of their players and see what quadrant they are in.

IMPORTANT, if 5-10 of their players are spread across 2 or more quadrants, this is not a good alliance. It is OK if they are vey close (like -5/50 for NW alliance) but if they are very spread then this alliance probably does not know what they are doing.

So, you will now have 1-3 options for an alliance in your quadrant that looks OK. Now send a message to their leader or recruiter. IMPORTANT: travian etiquite says that a message to join an alliance has a subject "hi i'd like to join your alliance" and you put some effort into your message...

<no subject>
      can I join

This message is universally ignored by alliance leaders

Say "Hi, I am new to this game but I am loving it. I am keen to listen and learn. I will download and use skype (which 100% will be a requirement of a decent alliance). e.g. let them know you will contribute to their alliance and not leach, and you are almost guaranteed to get in

Good luck!
      UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
      #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
      Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this
    • Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.

I have applied for Alliances around me and sent several messages to a few Alliances, howevet the responses I have got are short and blunt, and quite frankly pretty rude and unhelpful. I have had several replies like 'No, you are too small' & 'build a second town then you may stand a chance'. Despite making it clear i am new to the game, I have found the guys on my server not friendly at all :(

Hopefully there is a friendly alliance out there..
    • Which quad are you in? As Cretin says, you need to apply to an alliance in the same quad as you. If you are on UK3 send a message in game to bum, we will help get you sorted out.
      Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
      It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
      For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.