Are you passionate about Travian: Legends and do you spend lots of time developing your account or coordinating your alliance? Are you in touch with many other players in your community? Are you aware of the prevailing mood and are you able to gather ideas from your local community? Do you have a clear vision of what they like or don't like and what could make this game even more exciting for them?
If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you are a suitable candidate for our Ambassador Program.
The Travian: Legends Ambassador Program is an advisory board comprising a group of community representatives democratically elected by the players to advise and assist Travian Games in the development of the game Travian: Legends. The group of Ambassadors represent the views and interests of the players and bring regular feedback from the community to Travian Games representatives.
The elections are held twice per year and are intended to dynamically grow the Ambassador group to cover as many local communities as possible. This helps us, the developers, to have a broader view around the current state of the community.
The current list of Ambassadors can be found below.
Let's explore the details. What is the role of a Travian: Legends Ambassador?
A Travian: Legends Ambassador is an honorary position. An Ambassador is the first point of contact for the Travian: Legends team (developers, game designers, communications representatives, etc) to get quick input or organize more detailed rounds of feedback. Every Travian: Legends Ambassador represents the community of players and forms a bridge between the players and Travian Games.
What does a Travian: Legends Ambassador do?
An Ambassador is in direct contact with various departments of the Game Center which develops the game: the Product Owner, the Game Designer, the Customer Service Team, the Community Management Team, and the Game Specialist. There is a dedicated Slack workspace where you can engage in direct dialog on various topics.
Part of the duties of an Ambassador is to take part in prioritizing development topics, setting higher priorities to those that you consider most pressing for the game and the community. Around 10 to 12 workshops take place during the year, where the team and the Ambassadors work together to find fitting solutions and brainstorm.
The Slack workspace also offers you the possibility to give instant feedback with regard to upcoming updates as well as suggest new features for the game or evaluate suggestions/requests from the community or from the Game Designer.
Joining the Ambassador Program
There are two elections per year. A maximum of 12 new Ambassadors are added every year.
The election process starts with a 2-week period, where all the interested people in the selected domains can apply to the role of Ambassador by submitting a form in English.
Once the application period is over, the Travian: Legends Team together with the existing Ambassadors will evaluate each application and select those that fit the program. The selection process also includes a short voice interview with the possible candidates.
After selection, a public poll will be started for each of the relevant domains.
In the rare case that there is only one person who passes the selection process, this person will automatically become an Ambassador.
The Ambassadors are requested to follow a Code of Conduct, which supports the work of the team in a respectful and healthy environment.
As a member of the Travian: Legends Ambassador Program, there are certain expectations regarding behavior.
- SPEAK UP WITHOUT FEAR - Members of the program are expected to engage in discussion with Travian Games and other members in a professional and constructive manner.
- KEEP PRIVATE INFORMATION PRIVATE - Members of the program should respect confidentiality with other program members and avoid sharing details of internal program discussions without the explicit approval of all parties involved.
- COMPETE FAIRLY - Members of the program shall not use any information gained in confidence or before the general public to derive any personal benefit in the game, either directly or indirectly.
- BE A GOOD HERO - Members of the program must follow the provisions in Travian Games's Terms & Conditions at all times.
- STAY ACTIVE - Members of the program are expected to maintain a reasonable level of activity within the community, on the forum, on Travian: Legends, and on a dedicated Slack workplace.
The Ambassador Program is effective when the group is active and certain parameters are respected, that is why there are some requirements to remain part of the group.
- Be actively involved in the game: Since we are looking for first-hand experience and opinions, being part of the Ambassador Program requires that you are actively involved in the game.
- Be present: As an Ambassador, you should participate in the dedicated Ambassador Slack workspace on a regular basis to be able to give quick feedback on the relevant topics. We know that Ambassadors can be busy in real life, take vacations, and be sick, but a prolonged absence of a few months and a lack of interest in the work of the group will lead to exclusion from the program.
- Be able to participate in the workshops: As an Ambassador, we expect you to be able to take part in at least 50% of our regular workshops that are held in the form of video conferences on Zoom.
- Be connected: As an Ambassador, it's important to be in touch with your community. There are many ways to play the game and we, as developers, want to make sure we develop in a direction that fits the great majority of the play styles and that the feedback is not limited to a small group of people. That is why ideally an Ambassador should get feedback from different sources and not restrict the feedback to their own alliance or playing circle.
- Be fluent in English: As an Ambassador, you need to be able to speak English at a fluent level because all conversation (both written and verbal) with the Travian: Legends Team will be held in this language.
- Be at least 18 years old, as you will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so that the Travian: Legends Team can involve the Ambassador in discussions in the confidence that they will remain private unless there is mutual agreement to share the contents of the discussion publicly.
- Be elected by the community of the domain you want to represent.