Gemma Beginner

• Member since May 5th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Gemma

Replied to the thread Gold Free Server.
  • Gemma

So like, actually playing a strategy game and using said strategy game's mechanics! Imagine! Poggers XD
  • Gemma

Replied to the thread Gendering of game text.

Yeah, that goes without saying. But gender works differently in many languages, I would predict less changes to be needed in Spanish for example.
  • Gemma

Are we supposed to post the answer here? It's senator-EL-praetorian?
  • Gemma

Replied to the thread Gendering of game text.

That's fair, although I presume there would be different levels of red tape and access to go through to modify travian answers as opposed to certain in-game text, so I'm not sure the two are actually competing from a resource standpoint.
  • Gemma

Replied to the thread Adventure result.

All good, I realized where I was calculating it wrong. The range would be 7-67% so nothing outside the expected range after all.
  • Gemma

Replied to the thread Adventure result.

So where am I going wrong with my calculation? Because if the 10th adventure when normal can have 5-45 defense then your hero shouldn't be able to take more than 23% damage, and if you multiply that by 2 for a hard adventure then…
  • Gemma

Posted a new thread: Adventure result
    Thread
    I am not really sure if this is a bug or not, but I thought I should post it here just in case.

I just sent my hero on the 10th adventure. It was a hard adventure. It's my understanding that hero damage should vary from around 5 to 35% damage early in…
  • Gemma

Posted a new thread: Gendering of game text
    Thread
    Most of the text in the game uses the masculine gender for heroes, players, etc.

I think it should be changed to either a neutral pronoun "they" or be changed to reflect the player in question. For example, I just sent my hero on an adventure, and my…
  • Gemma

If the only reason you play Travian is to amass thousands upon thousands of units, then yes it is understandable that a gold-less server would be less interesting to you. The relative speed of the game server wouldn't change,…